Frequently asked questions
Q: What to bring to my lesson?
A: Please bring the following to your lesson;
- Sticks/brushes (if you have any)
- Notebook to write up ideas/exercises
- Folder for your drum notation sheets
- Your own earplugs/earbuds/headphones if you like
- A great attitude/willingness to learn - drums are fun!
Q: am i too old to learn drums?
A: You are never too old! I actually find, contrary to common belief, that adults often learn faster than kids. My students range from the age of 7 - 60.
Many of my students are adults between 20 – 60 years old who always had a dream about playing and finally taken the steps to fulfil that dream.
Q: what drum kit to buy?
A: I know it can be overwhelming buying your 1st drum kit. Therefore I’m happy to help you find a drum kit, either new or 2nd hand, acoustic or electronic kit.
I have helped many students get a hold of their 1st drum kit, either through gumtree/ebay or new kits through my local drum store.
Q: why choose play drums melbourne?
A: A few reasons why you should choose playdrumsmelbourne.com.au;
- A patient & supportive teacher
- 14 years’ teaching experience
- Bachelor of music graduate
- Working with Children Check
- 2 x professional acoustic drum kits
- Air conditioned studio